Companies are hesitant to do an advertisement during the lockdown. How companies from different vertical are advertising about their product and services during this Covid- 19 Era. Are they adopting anything special for luring customers? Let’s analyze
Vertical – Food industry
Company name- Swiggy
Tiffanys | Home delivery | Order online | Shantinagar Shantinagar Bangalore
Order Food Online from Tiffanys Shantinagar Shantinagar and see it’s menu for Home Delivery in Bangalore. Fastest delivery | No minimum order | GPS tracking.
Landing page- https://www.swiggy.com/restaurants/tiffanys-shantinagar-bangalore-182608
On apple Itunes
Using Swiggy, you can order food & beverages online from restaurants near & around you. We deliver food from your neighborhood local joints, your favorite cafes, luxurious & elite restaurants in your area, and also from chains like Dominos, KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, FreshMenu, Mc Donald’s, S..
Landing page- https://apps.apple.com/app/id989540920
- Swiggy Offering heavy discount upto 50% to lure customers as people have been ordering seldom due to corona
- Campaign about security against corona explaining the whole process, how safely food is cooked.
Upto 30% Off + Flat 20% Off
Order via Zomato
Zomato is also banking on the popular strategy of giving heavy discounts to lure customers back
Vertical- Phone industry
Company name- Samsung
Buy Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (Prism Black) with 8GB RAM & 128GB of storage online. Explore the price, specs, mobile exchange offers & shop from Samsung India
#GalaxyS10Lite gives you the most iconic Galaxy experiences with Super Steady OIS, Snapdragon 855 and a 4500mAh battery. Own now at ₹42999 and get additional exchange offer of Rs. 3000.
- Tech companies are relying heavily on Innovation
- It is consistently releasing new products
- Samsung is offering exchange offers so that people are inspired to exchange their phones.
Vertical- Retail industry
Company name- Amazon
Buy Samsung galaxy M31 @Rs 5,000/- only …Limited Time MADE IN INDIA Sale…????
Galaxy M31 Rs 5,000/- only
Samsung Galaxy M31 (Space Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)
- Amid Indo-China border tension, Amazon is luring customers with made in India tag for phones.
- Amazon wants to encash the sentiment of public which is inclined towards buying made in India phones
- Amazon being an American company has understood the nerve of the people
Company name- Flipkart
Ad copy: All- new realme C11 is here with bigger battery and larger display. Stay tuned for the launch on 14th July, 1 Pm on Flipkart.
title: Launching 14 July | 1PM
Flipkart is another popular online retail company which is advertising for release of popular Chinese phone Realme C11 on 14th July.
Vertical- Online learning
You’re invited to see why millions of students love Udemy. TODAY: we’re announcing a special offer with courses as low as RS 499.00!
title: The Complete Web Developer in 2020: Zero to Mastery
body: Special Offer
- Udemy runs on an aggressive pricing strategy and it always gives heavy discounts round the year.
- Courses offered at Rs 499 is same as earlier
- There is no specific Covid- 19 discount on the same
- People are spending time on learning new skills during the lockdown and Udemy has seen a spike in people who are coming on its platform to learn new skills
Company name- Apollo
message: Order Online from Apollo Pharmacy. Guaranteed Delivery! Shop with Apollo 247 From Home. #Stay Safe#Stay Healthy
- Being a medicine and pharma company, Apollo is emphasizing on staying at home and order online using their platform incase if a customer requires a medicine
- Social message of stay at home and stay safe
- Specific hashtags are used #staysafe #stayhealthy
Vertical- Rental cars
Company name- Uber
Affordable & Hazzle free way to commute. Upfront prices, No more bargaining, multiple payment options
- Indian Auto driver are notoriously known for charging a high amount from customers
- Uber has understood the pain point of customers and have tried to show it as a solution in the above ad copy.
- They have clearly set a message that with uber auto, one doesn’t need to bargain and everybody can get on ride.
Company name- Ola
message: Our drivers are always looking out for your safety by maintaining the highest standards of hygiene. Here’s how we’re keeping you fully protected when you travel. #MySafestRide
- Ola’s campaign is totally focused on passenger’s safety
- They have shown how the whole car is being sanitized and driver takes all the precautionary measure for his and passenger’s safety
- Ola has tried to bring the trust factor back in the customer’s mind who is hesitant to travel due to Corona virus.